Monday, February 11, 2008

A beautiful day in the neighborhood...

I love looking around the neighborhood. The mix of older and newer houses and gardens are amazing. The tight use of space is a wonder to behold.



Most older houses grow these wonderful fir trees. They train one branch to shelter the entrance to the house. In this picture, it is clear that they started to grow the tree and most likely the road changed and they re-built the wall to protect the house.

This apartment house has one of the longest fir tree arms in the neighborhood. Note all the bikes. This is the main mode of transportation in the local area.



In this next picture this garden plot nearby always makes me shake my head. Many of the fresh veggies in the market are local grown on little plots like this. But, this plot that is probably less than an acre is probably worth 4 to 5 million dollars! These diakon radishes cannot possibly be less than a $1000 each! Its like my old job. I often would help a client who stopped me in passing (just good customer service really!) but my boss would say "You're way too expensive to do direct service! You're an analyst not a case manager."

No comments: