Sunday, October 28, 2012

Matsudo, Sky Tree and the return of the butt model

Today was a free day, meaning for most of the day, I was on my own. I decided to take the local train to Matsudo where they have more shopping than my neighborhood. I wore myself out shopping at the Boxhill shopping mall but I didn't buy anything because it was all tooooo expensive.

I wandered over to Daiei (pronounced die-yay) which is a lot cheaper but has a good selection and, as an added bonus, has park next door. This is one of the things I love about Japan: cheap and healthy fast food! For about $3.50 I bought a really good salad, spaghetti salad and a cold coffee.  What makes this salad really pop is that it has slivers of daikon radish with the matchstick carrots.




 It is not considered nice to eat in public on the street.  In the past when I've gone to this little park the men, who look a little like bums but probably are just bored retirees, look at me like I'm a bum because I'm eating in public in the open air!  Today, no one looked at me for that reason, just for the regular reasons (I'm a gaijin) because there was a celebration in the park so everyone was eating.

At 4:00, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law took me to the Tokyo Sky Tree and the Sky Tree Town Tokyo Sky Tree. This is the newest and tallest structure in Japan. The shopping is crazy! it is all branded with the tower on it.

   
Of course in all the wonderful and ritzy shopping, I had to find the wierd. Its the return of the butt model (see Butt Models for the first time)!  This time, sheer panty hose, oh my!






And last, Japan's spooky take on Halloween:




Sayorara, baby!

No comments: