Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Office project nearly finished

I've been sewing again. This last year, I updated my home office area. I bought new cabinets and hung them (with my husband's help) and I made a custom desk. We also found these comfortable and curvy, but slightly boring, chairs at Ikea.
I plan to slipcover them in this fabric-

Until then, they needed a seat cushion so I used some wool from my mother's stash of lovely old cloth to cover some foam.

I think they are very fashionable but they finally used up all the old wool. I don't know if you do this but I have loads of material for projects. But, some of it is too precious to cut! I just stare at it when I open the linen closet (or fabric shelf) and dream about what I could make with it.

Here is a view of the office thus far.

No comments: